Accelerating Online TransactionICICI Lombard General Insurance
- - Strategy
- - UX
- - UI
- - Engineering
Client : ICICI Lombard General Insurance
The Challenge ICICI Lombard General Insurance, India’s leading private general insurers, came to us with a challenge to create a website that reflects its position as an industry leader and elevates their online business to a new level. Some key requirements were to increase the number of leads captured online, reduce the number of drop-outs, increase the time that users spent on the website and increase the number of policy purchase and renewal transactions on the website.
The Approach We started with a requirement gathering that included all the different stakeholders. The focus was to get a perspective on how customers purchased the product, where the gaps in understanding were and what were the major pain points. Once we had this clarity, we realized how customers’ temperament while buying different types of insurance was different, e.g. they preferred to research a lot more while buying health insurance, motor insurance was usually done on-the-go via mobile, etc. These insights were used as a basis to create personas, wireframes, designs and buying flows. We also strove to maintain the right balance between the brand’s larger proposition of ‘Nibhaye Vaade’ and specific online proposition of Quick-Easy-Smart.
- We created a responsive website and designed every unique template in a manner that there was at least one element that each target persona would find useful.
- Information was restructured to give it a logical flow and UI elements like carousels, accordions, etc. were implemented to make the information seem visibly simple and yet include all the necessary details.
- We demarcated the transactional and exploratory sections of the website by including icons in buying flows and transactions, so as to enhance clarity and get the process completed quicker. On the other hand, in the informative pages, we used real-life imagery to establish an emotional connect with the customers and build trust in the brand.
- Use of icons in the buying flows and breaking them down into smaller chunks of relevant fields helped us make forms a lot less tedious. Instructional as well as error copy was written in a manner that very warm and friendly.
- All content was made conversational and care was taken to ensure that it was in line with all the compliance requirements and guidelines.
- To increase the number of customers purchasing and servicing their policies online, features like a floating contact section, prominent Get Quote call to action and floating section for help and customer support were implemented across the website.
- Detailed information about each product was accompanied by sections for FAQs, customer reviews and testimonials, to ease customers’ doubts and apprehensions and help them arrive at a decision quicker.
The Result: The results is a sleek, vibrant website that makes is simple and convenient to get information about different insurance products, get quote and complete the entire purchase process online. It exemplifies the brand’s online proposition of Quick-Easy-Smart.
Gave them the ability to use their blog traffic and organic traffic to drive more customers to their core Redfin products.