Digital Customer ExperienceICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- - Strategy
- - UX
- - UI
- - Engineering
Client : ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
The Challenge Life insurance has always been more of a push product, than a product that consumers look out for and buy. This led to ICICI Prudential Life Insurance facing a challenge while leveraging their online presence to increase business. It was necessary to create a digital customer experience platform that was effective, engaging and actually helped customers to complete their tasks. The online platform needed to fill-in the role of an advisor or agent, who usually drove the sales process offline. Another important challenge was to create a seamless, consistent experience across its existing three digital platforms, namely, the website, a separate portal for agents and partners and a mobile site that was a drilled-down version of a website.
The Approach With a customer-centric strategy, backed by intense requirement gathering, we developed personas for each type of user, namely, the existing customer, potential customer and agent. Each unique template was conceptualized keeping in mind the different target audience personas and content was planned in a manner that each of them found something useful.
- We revamped the website to build a customer experience platform that effectively integrated all the information and transaction flows.
- Design was kept simple and clean, with a good balance of icons (to make things clear without becoming text-heavy) and real images (to create emotional connect and trust).
- We made sure the design focused on elements that connected with customers at an emotional level and enhanced the trust in the brand.
- The design was simple, consistent and clear so as to minimize the customer’s effort while understanding information and taking the required action.
- A mega menu created as per ecommerce best practices provided easy access to the required information and a logical overview of the vast amount of information on the website.
- Tools and calculators as well as forms were redesigned to make them more pictorial, interesting and less tedious to look at and fill.
- Copy was kept friendly, conversational and jargon-free. Though the product is sold in the context of an untoward incident, this was communicated very subtly. We focused on the aspect of investing to achieve financial goals and live a good life, while continuing to protect the future.
The Result: The end result is a responsive website that caters to potential customers, existing customers and partners or agents. It essentially functions as an all-India branch, equipped to serve customers anytime, anywhere. Since it’s responsive, it can be accessed across devices and platforms. Products have been pitched as solutions to customers’ requirements at different life stages, thus successfully establishing an emotional connect with the customers and increasing business and engagement online.