Home Delivery SystemMcDonald’s
- - Strategic Consulting
- - Experience Design
- - Mobility
- - E-commerce
Client : McDonald's
The Challenge Our brief for the McDonald’s delivery system was to make ordering a burger almost as easy as just picking it off the phone screen. The objective was to increase orders through digital channels as opposed to orders over the phone.
The Approach After a thorough analysis of the user journey, we created task flows that were logical and eliminated the unnecessary steps. While minimizing the steps and making the ordering process quick and effective, we made sure we met the business requirements of lead capturing (by integrating registrations in the first step itself) and increasing the ticket size of the online purchase (by showcasing the combos upfront). Use of the appropriate user interaction elements made the app feel smooth and sleek to use. At the back-end, the app was integrated with the in-store kitchen system, to eliminate duplication of effort and ensure seamless placement and delivery of the orders.
The Solution: We created an app for iOS and Android operating systems app with the following features:
- 2-step registration process, authorized via SMS.
- Facility to register multiple addresses like residence and office, to eliminate the need to type them out with each order.
- Allow users to place home delivery as well as dine-in orders, so that even their in-store dining experience was convenient and hassle-free.
- Let users schedule the delivery of their order for a specific date and time.
- Menu separated into categories like Burgers and Wraps, Sides, Combos, etc. to let customers get to the item of their choice, without needing to go over the entire menu.
- Option for users to customize the item, add extras as well as replace items in their combo orders, wherever possible. Extra charges, if applicable were displayed right there.
- Make it easy to place bulk or party orders through just a single form.
- Authentication of order via SMS, and option to choose between online payments or cash on delivery.
- Error messages and instructions written in a personalized and friendly manner.
The Result: The app received XXXX downloads within XXXX months. In XXXX months, XXXX percent of total orders were through the McDelivery app.
We also won the XXXXX award for XXXXX for the McDelivery app.